A short distance below are the Valley Mills, a building about 110 by 30 feet, four floors, which has been standing idle for the last year or two. Mr. A. W. Greenslit was superintendent, and the mill was furnished for the manufacture of print cloths, having 174 looms and 6,800 spindles.
This locality is known as Elliottville. A fall of some twenty-four feet is obtained here. A short distance below the last mentioned, we come to the Elliottville Mills of James P. Kendall, of which James Dixon is superintendent. It is a handsome stone building, about 40 by 75 feet, four floors, with a wing 40 by 50 feet, also four floors. Fine cotton yarns and warps are manufactured. The mill has 7,000 spindles.
Source: History of Windham County, Connecticut, Bayles, Richard M.; New York: W.W. Preston, 1889